As I have been pondering on the scriptures and what it is that I should learn I am constantly reminded of my Savior's love for me. Well His Love for all of us. I know that he suffered not only for my sins but for my, "pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind...and the sicknesses of his people...and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. " (Alma 7:11-12) He did all of this that we may not suffor. That I may not suffor. That every one of my pains can be taken upon him and healed. Healed from the pain that was caused. And I think of the Women and Daughters of the people of Nephi when they went unto Jacob to, "...hear the pleasing word of God..." and why did they come up to hear the pleasing word of God? Because it is, "...the word which healeth the wounded soul..."
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know our pains and our afflictions. They KNOW the pains of our heart. They know what is causing them to ache. Whether it was a pain that comes from someone I love falling into sin, a loved family member that was just entered into the hospital, my own sin, or someone breaking my heart. Through Christ we can be healed. His atonement makes all things possible. All we have to do is, "Come unto [Him], all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and [He] will give you rest...for [His] yoke is easy, and [His] burden is light." Go unto Christ and we can be saved. We can receive peace in this life. Great peace.
I love my Savior. And I am very grateful for His sacrifice and suffering so I may not suffer. All I have to do is follow Him and keep His commandments. That is what brings me peace in this life. Not all the things that I have but what God grants unto me. For what do I have, save it comes from God?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment