Saturday, September 26, 2009

Getting it down on paper...

Often times I sit here and wonder what am I doing? Am I doing enough or am I doing what is right. I sit and think a lot now. Well I wouldn't say that I do it a lot but I am certainly trying to think more on what I should be doing and then do it.

I don't know if I am doing the right all the time but I am certainly trying.

All my thoughts going through my head.

Do I start a business or do I not start a business?

Do I go to BYU-I or do I stay here in Tulsa?

Do I.... Hmm... there is a lot of I in my thoughts. Maybe I should think more about others and less about me and god will show me the way. Honestly I don't really know. All I know is that as I keep the commandments from God he blesses me and my friends and my family.

What can I do better? What can I do more?

I don't want to be stuck. I want to be changing for good. And as I look out at the world I get scared sometimes. Not scared like I am afraid of it but scared of what is happening. Scared of what music is being listened to, scared of how we are spending our time. Scared of what I see some members of the church doing. Scared of what I am doing. Do we(I) not know what God has called us to do. For we are "called to a great work and cannot come down." We must stand tall and live closer to the Spirit.

I don't want to miss this. This thing called Eternal Life. I want to Live with my Father in Heaven, my God, again. I want to live with my family and friends forever. There is so much that we ahve to do and are we doing it? Am I doing it?

Not to be worried about the things to come but more reflective and wanting to think of what I can do more. How can I help my friend or family draw closer to God. First I think that I have to be ther for you cannot lift anyone higher than you are... unless of course you are on the same platform and you(I) give them a boost. to lift each other. For that is why we are here. But we have to be moving forward always climbing the mountain. But I think something that is really important that as we(I) am climbing we have to talk with those around us and not pass them up. To share what we have with them as well to just enjoy conversation.

I have been reading a book called Outliers. And in the very beginnning of the book Malcolm Gladwell talks about a small town called Roseto located in Pennsylvania. No one has died froma heart attack and all the research shows is how the people took the time to talk with one another. There stress level was very low. They lived happy lives. Both parents worked but they were happy to come home to each other. It was something they looked forward too. They just loved everybody. And really isn't that what we should all be doing? Hmm... That is what I am thinking about. Maybe a few more things too... But this is what I share with everyone and if people want to know more they can ask :) For don't we want to live a more stress free life? To sit and just chat with our friends and family? To relax? I want to do that. Live more stress free while still getting things done :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts. For me, a lot of times I just have to make a decision, and then I feel those reassuring words from the Spirit saying that I'm doing the right thing. :) But also, sometimes I think there's more than one right decision. I think sometimes we get caught up in the thought of "having a destiny to fulfill". And if we don't go to the places we're 'destined' to go, than the very fabric of our life is ruined. I really don't think that's how it is. I think there are several paths in life that we can take, which are all good. It's just up to us to decide what kind of life we will live once we've made a choice. I'm planning on going on a mission, and I've recieved my confirmation from the Lord that it's the right thing for me to do, but, if the whole time I'm there I don't do the right things, it might have been better for me to stay home... does that make sense? I don't think there's one certain path Heavenly Father wants us to take, as long as we are doing it righteously. And if there's something you choose that really is not to your benefit, Heavenly Father will let you know. Just stay close to the Spirit, and you won't go wrong. :) Sorry, that's like long enough to go on my own blog. haha

    ReplyDelete