As I have been thinking, I have thought of "right now" ...like now... wait... the time it keeps changing... I mean right now. See it's gone. You don't have that time any more. It comes and goes. There is so much that I could be doing, but what am I doing? Am I doing the Best thing with my time in this very moment. In any moment of the day?
I think to myself that I am going to use my time now to prepare for the future. I need to prepare, but do I spend so much time preparing that I am not living? Or do I spend to much time living in the moment I forget the future. As I have thought on this I have come to this conclusion:
Live your best life right now.
In the very moment that you are in, or I am in for that matter. Choose to do the "Best."
Don't wait. If there is something that needs to get done, do it. Love those you are with and those that are along the way. Don't get so caught up in what needs to get done that you do not realize what is going on around you. Heavenly Father wants us all to be happy and if we are so busy with our time then we are going to miss a lot of things along the way. Even the still small voice that is trying so hard to tell us something very important. And we are so busy that we can't hear it calling us.
Live where we are now doing the "Best" things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't it amazing how small a grasp we as human beings have on time? I was thinking about this on the airplane on my way back home from Germany. Sometimes time goes by so quickly- a month feels like a few days. And other times, it feels like a few minutes takes hours on end to pass us by. There's a quote by Albert Einstein about relativity that I love- " Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." I think that's pretty funny. :-)
ReplyDeleteBut, Justin, I think you're right. We could either sit here, and try to figure out how best to spend our time, and to make the most of it, and waste it all away, trying to come up with the perfect plan- or we can make the most of it! Live each moment to the fullest. :) Sometimes, I think we're so worried about having the perfect life, making all the perfect choices, not messing up, etc., that we forget that the most important part of life is living it. Make a quick plan, and then just do it! :) It's interesting you put up this little thought, I've been thinking about the same thing a lot lately- I'm glad you wrote it. :)
Thanks Jewels! :) Time is an incredible thing :)
ReplyDeleteI think that time is the one thing we can always use more of and the one thing we have a hard time handling correctly when we have enough of it.
ReplyDeleteIt's like that story of Martha and Mary. When the Savior was there in their house Martha chose to spend her time cooking and cleaning and was soon missing out on the Savior being in her very house. All the while Mary put her time into simply listening to the Savior.
Sometimes, when something great is happening, like a vacation or family being over we forget to sit down and listen rather then have the mind frame of rushing to our next destination, even if only in mind. And in so doing, forget about what matters most at the moment.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to just sit around not helping out. But I think there is a happy mediam one needs to maintain. One that remembers to not be idol in thought or actions but also remembers what matters most in life especially in the time being. The key is to learn how to balance out the two :) - Alicia
:) Well Alicia, I think you hit that one on the money. I have been thinking about that a lot lately, the story of Christ in Mary and Martha's home. And how Martha was so busy trying to serve and clean that she was missing out on the Savior being in her home. She was serving yes and rightly so. To me it seems that she was given the opportunity to choose good, better or best. And she chose better while Mary chose the Best.
ReplyDeleteWe need to prepare so that when the Savior does come we are not so worried about the cleanliness of our home or our lives but what it is that he would have us learn at that moment. I don't think that I can fully comprehend right now all that it is that the Savior would have me do. But as I strive everyday to always choose the Best thing.
Thanks for your thoughts. :)